A highly experienced and results-oriented multimedia production professional with an extensive record of success in video production, pre-production planning, multi-camera video production, location and studio lighting, content development, video editing and post-production, photography and photo editing, and audio technology. Leverages excellent communication, leadership, relationship-building, and training skills to work across diverse cross-functional teams and collaborate with internal and external partners. A highly creative and analytical producer who creates and delivers high-quality media assets that help drive achievement of organizational and brand goals.
NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY PRITZKER SCHOOL OF LAW, Chicago, Illinois
Video and Multimedia Production Manager, 2016-2018
Developed internal media production unit to create wide range of brand-appropriate media assets and content on short timelines and with tightly limited budgets. Produced over 100 multi-camera HD and 4K video and audio pieces for fundraising efforts, marketing, affinity group stories, Dean’s podcast, VIP interviews and oral histories, social media, and donor appreciation. Orchestrated technical requirements for press conferences and live VIP events. Planned, scripted, coordinated, and edited educational content for online courses.
- Served as sole videographer, audio recording engineer, producer, director, and editor for higher education learning environment with 110 faculty, 150 staff, and 960 students.
- Directed many VIP video and audio recording sessions, including directing retired Governor Jim Thompson, JB Pritzker, retired Supreme Court Justice Stevens (in his chambers in D.C.) and other powerful personalities.
- Created holiday card video receiving many accolades, including from Dean of a competing law school.
- Recorded student TED talks each year, eliciting accolades from faculty members and providing students with exposure to broadcast production.
- Successfully produced video showcasing the institution’s Diversity and Visibility Initiative under extreme deadline and with limited budget for very high-profile VIP event.
A/V and Facilities Department Program Assistant, 2014-2016
Visualized, storyboarded, scheduled, shot, and edited videos. Oversaw post-production, sourced music and graphics, mastered final audio, and leveraged/managed existing media assets. Researched equipment, implemented new processes, and managed vendors. Established standards of collaboration and service in client relationships and communications.
- Impacted school’s brand through creation of large quantity of video content, ultimately developing new internal position in media production.
- Created and developed the needs of the position, from training and specifying equipment to establishing processes, standards, and systems, completing over 100 video and audio projects.
DAVID ETTINGER PHOTOGRAPHY, Boston, Massachusetts and Chicago, Illinois
Business Manager and Photographer, 1999-2016.
Ran business photographing for local and national publications, including travel, lifestyle, executive portraiture, news, product, and events. Edited images with extensive retouching. Archived and catalogued assets. Conducted all financial, billing, invoicing, marketing, and other business operations.
University of Rochester, Rochester, New York, Studio Technician, 1995-1997. Managed university’s art facility. Worked with faculty and students in photo studios, darkrooms, and shops, taking care of equipment, keeping building in order, handling purchases, and accepting deliveries of supplies. Helped students with technical issues. Supervised small group of student employees.
Tufts University, School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston/Medford, Massachusetts
M.F.A., Photography, 2001
University of Rochester, Rochester, New York
B.A., Studio Arts, 1994
Dante Audio Networking, 2018
Strategic Project Leadership, Northwestern University Continuing Education, 2018
Project Management for Practitioners, Northwestern University Continuing Education, 2016
National Press Photographers Association
Professional Photographers of America
Computer Applications: Adobe Creative Cloud/Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Audition, Photoshop, Lightroom, AfterEffects), Microsoft Office Suite, Digital Asset Management (DAM) Software
Lighting: Tungsten, LED, HMI, Fluorescent, Flash Studio Lighting and Location Systems
Cameras: Large Sensor Cinema Style Video Cameras, DSLR, ENG, GoPro
Hardware: Tripod, Jib, Slider Dolly, Gimbal, Remote Mount
Audio: Multitrack Mixers and Recorders, Field Recording Gear, Hardware and Software Recording, Timecode Systems, Wired and Wireless Microphone Setups, Shotgun, Lavalier, Mult Box, Live Event Audio